(For the previous a number of weeks, my posts right here have targeted on the impression of the COVID-19 pandemic on advertising and on how advertising leaders ought to reply to the disaster. All fifty U.S. states have now begun the technique of reopening their economies, and the job of promoting leaders is now to plan and execute advertising packages that can be efficient throughout the restoration section of the coronavirus saga. So, I am returning to extra “regular” B2B advertising subjects starting with this put up. I am going to take care of COVID-19 subjects in future posts as developments warrant.)
Webinars have grow to be an especially in style advertising approach at many B2B firms. There is no such thing as a dependable approach to decide what number of advertising webinars are performed every year. ClickMeeting recently indicated that over 627,000 occasions had been performed on its webinar platform in 2019, however this seems to embrace all forms of webinars, not simply these used for advertising functions.
Whereas advertising webinars have been rising in reputation for the previous a number of years, the COVID-19 pandemic is driving a dramatic improve of their use this yr. ON24 recently reported that the variety of webinars hosted on its webinar platform jumped by greater than 330% in March. Nearly all in-person B2B conferences, commerce reveals, and different advertising occasions have been cancelled via the finish of this yr. So it is probably that 2020 can be a record-breaking yr for webinars.
For those who’re new to webinars, or when you’re in search of methods to enhance your webinar advertising program, I like to recommend that you just evaluate 4 recently-published webinar “benchmark” experiences:
- The 2020 ON24 Webinar Benchmark Report
- The Big Book of Webinar Stats by GoToWebinar. (Observe: This report was revealed in 2019, however it’s primarily based on knowledge from 2017.)
- The 2020 State of Webinars Report by ClickMeeting
- The 2019 BrightTALK Benchmarks report
- The preferred days of the week and the finest time (of day) for conducting reside webinars
- How far upfront individuals have a tendency to register for a reside webinar
- The perfect days of the week to ship promotional emails about an upcoming webinar
- The commonest webinar lengths and the common viewing time for webinar attendees
- Registrant to attendee conversion ratios
- Use and recognition of on-demand viewing
- As increasingly more firms have began utilizing webinars for advertising, the variety of webinars obtainable to potential consumers has elevated exponentially, and so has the competitors for purchaser consideration.
- As the benchmark experiences present, now we have developed a considerable physique of data about how to do webinar advertising successfully. However as extra entrepreneurs undertake these “finest practices,” webinar advertising packages begin to look alike, which makes differentiation tougher.
- Whereas some firms are nonetheless producing boring webinars, there’s additionally a rising variety of good webinars obtainable in the market, which permits potential consumers to be extra picky about the webinars they’ll attend.