WHAT IS SOCIAL MEDIA ?
• Social media is an internet-based form of communication.
• Social media platforms allow users to have conversations, share information and create web content.
• Social networking is a method of communication with people through online platforms such as Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter.
• Over the years, social networking has become an important part of life for both adults and teens.The popularity is due to the ability of meeting the needs and interests of a vast majority of people.
• For teens it is a way to socialize with friends, by sharing the latest events, photos and videos. Adults use social platforms for the same reason as teens, while also utilizing each platform in a professional manner as well. It is a valuable tool for businesses in that it allows them to interact with like-minded professionals, customers and other businesses.
• To make the best use of social networking while avoiding the risks, users will need to understand and follow a set of basic safety tips that are easy to remember and highly effective.
• Get to know your audience and allow them to know you personally which help in creating brand loyality .
Why is Social Media Marketing Important?
Social Media Marketing is important because:-
- It’s the fastest way to spread the word about a new product, service, or news item – A tweet can go rival in minutes and spread a message around the Word faster than TV or other traditional media.
- It’s a trend – Millions of people spend a good amount of their time on social media networks so if you ‘need them’ you know where to find them.
- It’s the new marketing – Back in the old days, marketers found out that many people spend time in their cars driving so they thought of the billboards on the roads. Today, people are spending time on social media so as a marketer you have to start thinking this way too.
- It’s the new influencer – Recent studies show that social media is becoming a great sales channel and more and more companies are stating that they get customers from Facebook or Twitter.
- With the huge number of online users, which is almost 59% of the world’s population, marketers must not miss out on their chance of marketing on these digital forums where they can reach all the maximum number of potential buyers compared with print or television media marketing.
- This is how the mechanism of such social media websites works.
- It gives you a chance to make the most out of your social media marketing strategies.
Social Media Marketing Safety Tips:-
A. Social Media Marketing tips for beginners:-
1.Decide which social media platforms to use.
2.Optimize your social media profiles.
3.Connect your website or blog with your social media pages.
4.Add social media buttons on your website.
5.Find and follow the influencers in your niche.
6.Keep a balance between following and followers.
7.Share interesting content (text, images, videos).
8.Post many times per day but don’t overdo it.
9.Don’t forget to follow back.
10.Follow the rules and be patient.
B. Social Media Marketing tips for small business:-
1.Choose and Stick to the Best Platform.
2.Hone Your Brand Voice.
3.Set Attainable, Specific Goals.
4.Decide on a Posting Schedule.
5.Spy on Your Competitors.
6.Don’t Keep Followers Trapped On-Platform.
7.Balance Human and Promotional Posts.
8.Choose and Use Visuals Wisely.
9.Engage With Your Audience.
10.Always Be Learning.
C. Social Media Marketing tips for large business:-
- Create a specific strategy for each social media platform.
- Be consistent.
- Focus your messaging.
- Measure & analyze results.
- Invest in video content.
- Join in on communities.
- Interact with your audience.
D. Social Media Marketing tips for individuals:-
1.Define Your Goals.
2.Learn about your Target Audience.
3.Select Your Social Media Platforms Wisely.
4.Build a Winning Game Plan for Social Media Marketing.
5.Set Up Social Media Content Calendar.
6.Let The Tools Empower your Strategy.
7.Use The Art of Storytelling.
8.Humanize Your Brand.
10.Embrace your mistakes.
11.Optimize your Post Frequency.
12.Cut Back on the Number of Hashtags.
13.Treat Each Social Channel Uniquely.
14.Share Quality Visual Content.
15.Deep Dive into Social Media Analytics.
•Social media is a really convenient and important communicate network for all the people nowadays. We could also learn new things on social media by watching or reading the things that people shared onto the social media.
•Social media changed our life so much. Our life became more convenient because social media is a very useful tool for us in 21st century, it could help us to improve our life. However, we have to aware of how we use them. If we could use the social media smartly, having social media will become a good change for us.